Thursday, July 24, 2008

You will be happy to know that the first part of the week was much, much better at work. I mean, I'm still poor but in the immortal words of Alanis Morrisette, "I'm broke but I'm happy." I still haven't figured a way to manage this mountain of stress I seem to be under, but I took care of some crap this week that needed to be handled, and I actually wrote a couple of new policies as well. Hooray for Insurance Girl! Covering the un-covered for 13 years and counting! hmmm, maybe that should be my new tag line, rather than desperately seeking sanity. Although, both are applicable. I don't think my company's ad department would approve that for my chamber of commerce listing. It would be fabulously funny though. I could be photographed wrapping a trench coat around a hot, muscular young thang. I'll keep him covered baby. Yeah.

The spouse and I Communicated last night. Actually, I crawled up on his lap and was all, WTF, man? Can't a girl get some help around here with this being frugal and crap? Why you gotta diss on me and my financial planning? (yes, I realize I'm a white thirty-something who lives in the suburbs, but sometimes it helps diffuse the situation to throw down some of my ol skool roots) Anywhoo, it was determined that Sunday was all a bunch of miscommunication. He didn't know I had already laid down the law about the dollar movie. The kid just wanted to spend some time out of the house, and I just wanted to let one day go by without having to deduct anything from our checking account. Almost all of this was accomplished. We rented two movies and popped popcorn at home. Spent the afternoon/evening with the three of us just hanging out on the couch. It was nice. And we watched two new releases for the price of one freaking matinee ticket. Who's your little penny pincher??? I am!

So, I'm thinking of taking up yoga or something. I need to do something other than obsess over the job and sitting on my ass eating potato chips and then going outside to chainsmoke is just doing nothing for my figure. And my ability to Taste the chips is shot all to hell due to smoking. So, it's stupid and endless and I need something Waaay more bettered to do with my time. So, there's a new gym right down the street from my office called the ten dollar gym. Everything in it is all new and sparkly, and the best part?!? It's only ten dollars per month to join, with no contract that you have to sign. I'm totally gonna bust out the workout clothes and rock me some Taebo prior to embarrasing myself in public. But it's something I'm really interested in. Well, I have an appointment in thirty minutes ,I just finished my bar-b-que chips, and now I'm going to smoke before my customer comes in.

I will obviously need a mint afterward.

2 comments:

Nilliem said...

Mints are good. And so are you! Excellent resolve on the communication.

Here's to sales!!

Groovn-girl said...

Thank you! Um, yeah I have tons of mints and sugar free gum. I'm also a habitual teeth brusher and flosser. I guess that's one good thing about ocd. :-)