Wednesday, July 30, 2008

My horoscope said I'd come into some surprise money today. So far, I'm still waiting. Damned yahoo astrologers probably lied. Or if it's the truth, I hope that it's not something horrible like finding out someone's life insurance is suddenly about to pay off. I mean, I DO have principles!!!

I also have new and exciting information to share. Yesterday I joined Weight Watchers online. I mean, I found the scale where my darling husband has been trying dilligently to keep it from me (strictly at my urging!) and when I got on it I almost fell off again. I knew I had packed on some pounds since I quit smoking. I mean, I recently had to rape my Kohls card to get bigger pants for officewear. But I had NO freaking clue what I actually weighed. Yes, I'll give you the number: 163. There! I said it. Internet, be kind. I'm currently fragile in the self-confidence arena. No wonder those size 10's hanging in the closet actually screamed and ran away the last time I reached for them.

So, yesterday I began the flex plan, counting points and all that stuff that I can't recall ever doing before. In my teens, I drank a Slim Fast for lunch once in a while and retained my girlish figure. In my twenties, all I had to do to drop pounds was slack off the clubbing a little. (ie. the boozing) Now that I'm in my thirties, I had begun to wonder if Taebo was actually a BAD thing. It sure doesn't help the numbers on the scale, but I can totally kick ASS after a few weeks of early morning sessions with Billy. So this time, I'm going to do the WW thing for a bit, and once I get a handle on all the meal planning and counting and being held accountable, then I'll work my Taebo back in. I can't get started on both at once because working out makes me want to eat like a rabid bear. Snarling and slobbering all over while simultaneously shoving doritoes down my throat. Attractive mental picture, huh?

That being said, I headed to do some Krogering last night and stocked up on organic bananas (totally worth the dime more per pound than regular!) seedless grapes, rice cakes, green leaf lettuce, grape tomatoes, fat free calorie free taste free olive oil based salad dressing, and sugar free jello. And an assload of Lean Cuisine meals because they were on sale for A DOLLAR each!! Score!

Wish me luck. I want to be digging back out those 10's before Christmas!!!!!

3 comments:

Special K said...

And here I am trying to get back down to 163. :) Hope that cheered you up!
Glad to know you are broke but happy but the real question is are you brave but chicken shit? I am. HEE!

Groovn-girl said...

Me too. Unfortunately I don't feel drunk but I'm sober. Blah!

Nilliem said...

a) Yay for WW, Wednesday is my day - if you check my blog @ d-land, its on the bottom.
b) I'm with Special K...163 is my low ideal weight (in my reality - the rest of the world thinks its lower, I call 'bulls**t. At 5'11" and not a small frame...I know better, heh.) and I have a loooong way to go.
c)I lost weight clubbing, wish I could do it again...I miss Krogering...actually, Meijering...and Taebo builds muscle, which weighs more than fat and if you aren't cutting the fat, then it gets tough...try measuring limbs and waist - especially the weeks you may not lose, or lose very little. Bet you have smaller inches!