Thursday, February 7, 2008

I work for an insurance company. I live in the south. Today is the first moment I've had to even THINK of updating since most of my state was struck by really suck-ass storms. And really Really suck-ass tornadoes. Luckily none of my customers were injured or killed. My area only sustained minor wind damage. To those poor people who lost their lives, their family members, their homes, pets, even the photographs of little Johnny's first steps.... I am so sincerely, deeply sorry for what you had to endure and will continue to endure until the grief subsides and your homes are rebuilt.

The area most affected was one that didn't have a lot of money for extra insurance premiums. Please people: go donate to the Salvation Army, Red Cross, whoever.... I know I will.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That sucks it big time, Groovn-Girl. It makes you appreciate the things we usually take for granted in life, like a roof over your head.

Special K said...

Girl I know you have been busy with claims.

I am living the other end, dealing with the grief. I have my home but the family in Atkins? The man was a childhood friend of mine. It is unreal how fast life can change.
We are going to Atkins this weekend to volunteer with cleanup. We also donated $$ to Red Cross.

Groovn-girl said...

What's so frustrating is the hear local families that sustained minor wind damage (Very Minor!) calling to scream at me because an adjuster hasn't been out to look at their roof. Or the tree laying in their backyard. I constantly remind these people that we try and get to the HOMELESS people first. Me writing someone a check so they can go rent a hotel room and buy their kids toothbrushes and Happy Meals are a lot more important than whether or not your fence might fall over if you don't get the tree off it.

Sorry to vent, but people can be unbelievable selfish at times and it breaks my heart.

Groovn-girl said...

I meant "to" hear