Thursday, February 14, 2008

I have found a new nemesis and thy name is the pitcher. As in pitcher of beer. I met some friends at a restaurant a few days ago for an impromtu birthday party. Since giving up my smoking habit (131 days ago! Whoot!) I also made the decision to cut back on my beer consumption as well. Not because I'm in danger of becoming an alcoholic, because booze hounds are soooo high school shit. :-) But because beer made me want to smoke. Needless to say, in the months that followed my tolerance went from frat party college boy to jehovah's witness virgin girl. And last Tuesday night proved that to me. Well, actually it was Wednesday morning that did the proving. Tuesday night was just good times man, good times.

We went to Hooters. Yes, the birthday person was male. Now, I don't have any moral indignancy regarding Hooters. If I had 21 year old thighs, was single, and had big tata's, I'd totally cram my little ass in some orange panties and work for tips as well. What I do have a problem with is the food. More specifically paying eighteen dollars for a cheeseburger, fries, and a glass of water. With tip of course. I'm not a miser.

Anywhoo... back to the story: after much, much, MUCH birthday toasting I came to the realization that I was drunk. I noticed this when I placed my pale blue sweater covered boob in the damned hot wings in ended up with a round stain of sauce right where my nipple should be. I didn't MEAN to be drunk. I just didn't notice that when drinking beer communally via pitchers, rather than an individual bottle, a person tends to drink A LOT more than they normally would. You would've thought I would have reached this conclusion back in my wild and free single days. But no, I had to discover this on my own. While trying to crawl out of bed and make myself purty for work.

So, the moral of this story is : if you hook up with friends for booze and wings, stick to the bottle, rather than the tap. It may cost a little more initially, but the investment is well worth it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh wow.

$18 for a cheeseburger and fries?!

And a bbq-stained nipple? I would say you did *not* get your money's worth.

Special K said...

I am sorry but the visual of the nipple shaped hot wing sauce stain is making me laugh like a 12 yr old boy! I really do think we may be kin honey!
I still couldn't get past $18 for a cheeseburger and fries. Apparently you may notice, I haven't ever been to Hooters and now probably never will! ;)