Thursday, January 10, 2008

Today I'm going to see my doctor, in hopes that she can explain why my hormones have suddenly decided to go all mental on me. I quit smoking a little over three months ago with Chantix. (the pill that blocks your body's absorption of nicotine) I didn't have a lot of side effects while taking it, other than Really, Really messed up dreams. Every. Single. Night. The fucked up sleep went away, but now I haven't had a period in two months. Also, I fly off the handle with Intense rages, my face looks like I'm 16 again, and I could sleep twenty hours out of the day. Yes, I realize that this sounds a lot like pregnancy. Unfortunately I'm not pregnant. I took two home pregnancy tests a month ago and they were both negative.

Sidenote: I say 'unfortunately' because I'm currently experiencing baby fever something fierce! A friend had a beautiful baby girl a little over a year ago and I love her dearly. Also, my little sis is pregnant with my niece and I can't wait to meet her!!!! Here' a thought: maybe I'm having sympathy hormones? :-)

I wonder if my cats would let me dress them in those cute, frilly baby clothes I've been oohing and aaahing over lately?


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, your text is disappearing after the second paragraph. I had to highlight it to read it. Is that a new feature along with the new look at Desperately Seeking Sanity?

My immediate guess is that your thyroid hormones are off OR you are experiencing the beginnings of menopause.

I am told menopause sneaks in like a dirty betch and hangs around for a good ten years or so before accepting the title of menopause and all that goes with it.

Just a guess, though, since I am a fake doctor who uses Google University as my main go-to source.

Unknown said...

Hey I have an e-mail query for you sistah. E-mail me at cliverules [at] comcast [dot] net and I'll send it to you. This is not a queer cheesy pyramid scheme, by the way.