Friday, December 28, 2007

It's over and I feel so alone. How did I let, the sweetest of dreams slip away....
Okay, I probably mangled the lyrics to whatever song that is, but if I hear it on my daughter's cd player one more time I'll scream. I mean, we got the kid a 30 gig Microsoft Zune for Christmas. It has cute little foam covered noise-cancelling ear buds too. And a pink case. Yet still, the child persists in rocking out loud. I must go home and dismantle the cd player. (I have my own Zune, so I won't be lacking in tune-age)

The freaking Christmas holidays are over! Next on the list: New Year's Even, then Groovn-girl's most fabulously hot 34th birthday. Whoot! More gifts for me.

Speaking of gifts, I must've either been extremely nice this past year or Extremely Naughty because Groovn-husband hooked me the fuck up on some gifts this year. I got a new stone Buddha that's so calm and beautiful and serene. I love him. Then, the spouse actually foraged through the female section of a department store to buy me a bitchin black belted blouse. (ooh! alliteration. i'm so poetical and shit-just like Janet Jackson in that crappy movie) He also purchased and lovingly wrapped an eight piece set of dishes in a textured black stone inset with shiny red glass squares. Most, most sexy dinnerware I've evah seen! I also got House Season Three, because Hugh Laurie with his hot little faux American accent makes me happy. And the spouse found the movie Labyrinth with David Bowie-for the same reason as House. I got a bottle of wine called Royal Bitch from my dear friend, Shari. Who knows me so well... I got a freezable beer mug with Mom stenciled on it from Groovn-daughter, because she knows me better than Shari. My stocking was full of mini-Snickers and a bottle of Estee's Pleasures. So I smell divine while stuffing my cheeks full of peanutty nougat.

Yes, I'm unabashedly greedy when it comes to presents. Why should kids have all the fun?

What did Santa bring you?

2 comments:

Special K said...

For Xmas I got:
An incarcerated brother
A new niece, already puberty-ized!
A fucked up Dad (oh, wait, I already had that) ok MORE fucked up.
And a partridge in a pear tree.
Oh and bronchitis.
Hee

Special K said...

And wanna guess how long it takes me to add your new blog to my sidebar? That is why I am not visiting often, I keep forgetting! UGH!