Monday, March 3, 2008

The spouse is currently doing his semi-annual 'business trip' to Las Vegas and I've been playing at being a single mom for the past several days. I have to say that I honestly think that anyone being a solo parent (or at least a GOOD, solo parent-anybody can be a sucky parent) has had my highest regards since the first overnight trip the spouse went on. It's hard being the only one there, with no one to turn to and say, "I've had enough. It's your turn."

I still remember the first time Bill went out of town. Eight days and seven nights in Atlanta, Georgia. The rugrat was about 14 months old and I lost seven pounds while he was gone. I missed him so badly, and was so stressed about getting to work on time, making a healthy dinner for just the 1.5 of us, and still keeping the house in perfect order... well, let's just say that at the time, I was in hell. Now I just realize that I'm a lucky girl to miss her husband so badly. We've been married almost twelve years and I still get depressed when he leaves. Aaah, luv twoo luv....

Anywhoo.... the low point of this trip has been Bill calling on a Saturday night. While I'm home with the kiddo, after cancelling drunken girlfriend plans, (the kid's sleepover plans had fallen through) and he's had a few beers and is out partying in Vegas with some co-workers and customers. Dude, don't piss me off like that. You won't like the results. But, I can proudly admit that instead of getting all whiney and Pitiful Mclonlipants, I put on a Taebo dvd and rocked out the hour long workout. Now, if Bill could just KEEP pissing me off for the next couple of months, I'd have the abs of my dreams.... :-)

Yep, it's that time of year again ladies. Time for the 2008 version of your Annual Spring into the Gym Before Your Chubby Ass Hits the Beach. Otherwise known as the Desperation Point. I have a Cozumel trip planned and two of my very tan and skinny friends are going to be laying on the beach next to me. To put it delicately, if I don't do something, I'm gonna stand out a bit. And not in a good way. I mean, I'm not trying to be the skinny drunk blonde in Carlos and Charlies sporting a tiny skirt and bikini top and you KNOW is gonna puke those Rum Runners all over that sweaty boy that's grinding up on her... I just want to the cute, un-jiggly, kinda-tan mom. I'm good with that.

Wish me luck. Send me good karma. Or good willpower.....

No comments: