Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Yesterday was my 2nd weigh in and I. lost. another. pound. Whoot! That's 7 all total! Eleventy kajillion more to go.

The job front is sucking a little less this week. Today is only Tuesday so... I'm still hoping for Fabulous and getting Mmkay. But, I'm positive and working dilligently and all that rah rah go Ang crapola. Also, door to door marketing? In August? In Arkansas? Sucks!!

The spouse has been in Vegas 'working' and today is our 12 year anniversary. I think I need to take my lunch and mosey on over to Shoe Carnival and shop for my gift. Doncha think that's only fair? He's getting beer and showgirls and slot machines (after 'work' is finished for the day) and I'm getting WW meals, solo parenting and Taebo. Who's gonna be more stressed after this week is over?? hmmm? Definitely something new shoes will cure.

Tonight I willingly allowed the rug rat to invite over 4 squealing girls for a pre-back-to-school sleepover. I figured if I can't do the romantical anniversary crap then I should at least get the gold star for my parenting skills, right? I mean, the kids will never notice that I'm hiding in the bedroom with the newest Sherilyn Kenyon book and a large(ish) glass of merlot. With ear plugs in.

Wish me luck with that.

4 comments:

Special K said...

You go on down to Shoe Carnival and pick up 2 pairs of shoes and if G husband has a problem with that, um, don't tell him I told you to do it! HEE!
Seriously though hope you get to make up for the anniversary. Just had my 16th, nothing, not even an I love you.
I think I need some Grey Goose.

Congrats on the weight loss!Billy sits in my closet along with my size 6 jeans, hope they are happy together, the bastard.

Nilliem said...

Yay!Well done. On all fronts, too!

Brave you for the kids...I don't know if I'll ever again feel that kind. Or insane.

And I'm with special k...TWO pairs, are indeed warranted.

Groovn-girl said...

Ooh! TWO pairs? I'm totally blaming you guys!!

Nilliem said...

Heh, blame away...if it even escalates into flaming comments, I'll have amusing stuff to look forward too, right?? ;)